What is the cost of Lasik eye treatment?
An introduction to LASIK surgery
LASIK surgery is proof of the advancement in medical science. It has helped millions of people around the world. Many people use LASIK to get rid of their glasses and also get rid of them. When we go to a doctor with our eye concerns, it is our doctor’s responsibility to tell us about eye concerns and the procedure to cure them in an exemplary manner. But after going through the process described by the doctor, it is our responsibility to take care of our eyes by following what the doctor suggests after surgery. Such is the case of LASIK surgery; first, it is our doctor’s responsibility to perform it carefully, but after surgery, it is totally on us to take care of ourselves. So the question arises can we keep our eye power constant after LASIK surgery? To answer that, first, let us understand what exactly LASIK is.
Prices of LASIK Surgery
The prices are primarily different everywhere and mostly depend on the type of hospital, region of the hospital and the type of surgery a patient is going for. A patient can receive a bill for about Rs 30,000 to Rs 80,000 after completing their LASIK surgery. This is a round figure, and the exact prices can be determined by contacting the hospital or clinic they prefer for a LASIK surgery. They can contact and consult with them and tell the actual costs spent on the patient’s condition.
LASIK is a general procedure in India, with about 1.5 lakhs people undergoing Lasik surgery. This surgery has revolutionized the medical industry and has changed the lives of so many people. It helps people struggling with clearer vision by allowing them to get rid of their glasses and lenses permanently. In some cases, the surgery can be a little expensive. Generally, a LASIK surgery costs about Rs 60,000 if the patient decides to go for both of their eyes. Then the medical costs, screening tests and follow-up sessions also need to be paid, which can range from Rs 8,000 to Rs 12,000, excluding the surgery charges.
Different Prices of Different LASIK Surgery
The cost of any LASIK surgery depends on the type of LASIK surgery a patient opts for. Other factors that also play a significant role in the total cost are the patient’s age, chances of post-surgical complications, doctor’s fee and all of the lab tests. These are the factors which can increase and decrease the final cost. So here are mentioned the costs of the different types of LASIK Surgery; these prices are just a round figure as they can vary from one clinic/hospital to another.
- ReLEX Smile Treatment which can range from Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 1,50,000
- Conventional LASIK Surgery, which can range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000
- Customized LASIK Surgery, which can range from Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000
- Customized Femtosecond, which can range from Rs 85,000 to Rs 1,50,000
- Laser Blended Vision Treatment can range from Rs 15,000, which in addition to the costs of the treatments mentioned above
Life after LASIK surgery
So after LASIK surgery, everybody is excited about a life with no glasses and contact lenses, and they should be as they deserve it. But everything comes with a price, and LASIK offers a reasonable price for taking good care of yourself. So here are some things you should do after LASIK to make all the money you paid for that surgery worth it:
- Try using protective shields after LASIK, as they help us by preventing us from touching our eyes frequently and keeping them safe while sleeping.
- Maintaining hygiene is very important for the overall body. Washing hands frequently and also cleaning anything that goes anywhere near the eye.
- Make sure you wash your face carefully to avoid the eyes.
- Minimize going out, and even if you have to go, ensure you take proper care by wearing sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sunlight, as it can cause scarring.
- Ensure you frequently blink to avoid dry eye and maintain eye moisture.
- Make sure you are taking all your medicine regularly without taking a break. Especially using your eye drops before your eye ointments so the medication can work better and faster. Also, keep your eyes closed for approximately five minutes after eye drops.
- Last but not least, take a good amount of rest after the surgery, preferably in a dark room.